May 28, 2008
Although our weather today would not cooperate for updated photos...
...we have updated news on Ski Beech that we just had to share with you.
In a May 27th email to the Beech Mountain Chamber of Commerce, Ski Beech advised us that they are still on track with the changes mentioned to us earlier this month. Specifically, the following items were mentioned in the email:
1. John Costin has assumed the role of general manager of Ski Beech in the wake of Wayne Hoilman's resignation and has made some reduction/changes in the staff.
2. The potable water lines have been replaced to all buildings beginning with the main line from the meter which is located slopeside just below the top of Powder Bowl slope. These lines had been in the ground for over 40 years. Also, water lines for the sprinkler system and the fire hydrants were replaced. This work was necessary to correct the leaks that had been popping up lately.
3. The work on the tubing run in College Park (between the Beech Mountain Club's Alpen Haus and the Viewhaus) continues and is expected to open in time for the 2008-2009 season.
4. Two new grooming tractors are being leased and an experienced grooming staff have signed up to join Ski Beech this year.
5. The fixed grip quad lift for the Oz Run is in the works for the 2008-2009 season.
6. The old tubing run is being transformed into a terrain park and "The Meadows" will be used as a beginner type park with gentle 'rollers' built by the grooming staff.
7. Last but most certainly not least, staff training for customer service will be implemented prior to the 2008-2009 season.