Sunday, April 13, 2008

April Showers...Opps, I Mean April SNOWS!


The calendar says 'spring' but looking out my window this afternoon looks like we are still in winter. The snow is coming down in pretty, large flakes and we are anticipating up to 2" of the fluffy white stuff by the time this system passes sometime tomorrow. I know many do not share my enthusiasm for watching the snow fall but it always gives me a calming, peaceful feeling to watch it while sipping hot tea... probably the last of our hurrah for the season. The daffodils are springing up all over the mountain and will have white heads on them before long but they are hardy and will bounce back once the sun reappears and it warms up into the 50s once again by Tuesday.

For those who have not yet made it back to Beech, you just don't know what you are missing! :)

No comments: